*drumrolls*
And the winner of "Guess Something" is.....................
MICHELLE!!!!
As requested by lovely Michelle, I shall blog about how Edwin and I meet and how it all began.
It's a very long-winded story with lots of problems from the very beginning, but still it means a lot to me simply because, it was the turning point in my life. The beginning of a very important chapter in my dull life...
Edwin and I met in TAR College by simply, chance. His then roommate, Alvin was my debating senior and was the main reason how I knew Edwin.
Alvin was participating in the final round of TARC's annual inter-campus debate and I was asked to do a short speech on anything I like to entertain the crowd while the judges decide who should win.
And on that day, 8 August 2005, Edwin spotted me walking in and out of the conference room and he could not help but looked at me each time i walked past him. It sounds a bit corny and embarrassing, but he said he was smitten by my smile when i was giving the speech and he even took pictures of me with his lousy Nokia 7610. shortly after on the 12th August, Alvin decided to bring us out, this time, Edwin tagged along. We went to this place called Little Genting in Cheras and chatted there till 1am plus. That marked the beginning of how i knew him. I didn't feel anything for him back then. Honestly, he was one of those people i'll forget if i hadn't met him again. Then i found out that Edwin blogged about me in his post, which eventually left a very deep impression on me simply because the post was funny.
From MSN conversations, our meetings became lunch and dinner (of course with other people also). I had a boyfriend back then who was quite demanding and possessive, while he had a girlfriend of 3 years who just simply don't let him breathe. So when we meet up, we'll discuss our love life, our problems. Then he became my "Kai Kor" aka Godbrother, then my Computer Studies tutor. It all happened very fast in the span of 2months.
I broke up with my boyfriend, and slowly had a soft spot for him. I kept mum until one day when i was back in hometown, he called and said "I Love You". i was shocked and hung up the call, refusing to admit that i heard that. From there, things picked up fast. I didn't want to be with him simply because his ex-gf would not let him go. I didn't want to be someone in between, so i made up my mind to just hold back and wait and see what happens.
Who knows a few days after that, his ex-girlfriend actually found out that he actually likes me and BOOM..that was when he broke everything to her and told her that he doesn't want to be with her anymore. I know Edwin might sound like a jerk here, but he seriously isn't. His last relationship was like some kind of war. He wanted to break away from her way back in 2004 but she just refused to let him go. And Edwin's the type of person who just submits himself to her, so he did stay on for another year. Life with her was Hell. She complained about his height. His money could only be used on her and nobody else. He was her driver, fetching her to and fro all over Selangor when she needs to travel. He did her assignments for her, her projects, her HSBC Young Enterpreneur Awards proposal was also written by him.
After they broke up, Edwin decided that he should neither be with me nor anyone else. He felt bad for "betraying" his ex, and also to make me go through all the shit of being a 3rd party. It was his decision and i respected it. but the more i thought about it, the more i felt angry at him. I have been through so much humiliation just to be able to get a shot at maybe being together, so why give up when all is clear? So i popped the question to him and ta-da... we became a couple officially in October.
We had pretty rough times in the beginning. His ex called and bugged us for the first 6months of the relationship. His mum didn't like me at all and pretended like i was non-existent. it took me 6-8 months to finally make her accept me. My friends stopped talking to me when i got together with him. The friendship turned sour, but i managed to still be very close friends with one of them, lovely Christine. And i'm proud we made it through all those stuffs and are here now.
Edwin and I are apart most of the time. My four months break back in Johor, his four months break back in Klang, his summer in UK and now he's one year project in Syria.Things have not always gone my way, but like what Edwin always tell me, "Both of us will always make the best out of situations and find solutions for it, baby." I live by that and am trying to stay positive. Being apart has made me grown a lot, learning lessons in love that money can't buy. All i can say now is i am taking this separation much better than the last. I don't cry anymore and i smile when i think of him and miss him. Simply because i know that this Love we have will always conquer the distance.
9866
6 years ago

4 comments:
absence makes the heart fonder! it is sometimes in separation that you really learn to appreciate each other. i know this! i have been through this! tough, yeah...but when you have that trust and love to keep you going, things don't look that bad :P
hang in there, girl! time flies...before you know it, your darling will be back in your arms :P
take care!
aw eunice..so sweet! It's a very touching story..you make me feel emo..hehe
eileen, you better go see a shrink. my story touching?!?!?!??? *shocked*
haha.. but thanks anyway, babe. hugs! love you!
dear anonymous, that you for the support and encouragement. hugs to you too.
*sniff
Thank you for the story boy am I glad I guessed the dried longans correctly. :) I love this post. It made me feel like I was 16 again hahaha :)
Post a Comment