Thursday, 19 March 2009

Can't Stop, But Can Choose

Journey has not been easy since my 22nd birthday.

Everyday is full of new challenges and obstacles. Although I know and kind of foresee these circumstances in advanced, still it pains me and confuses me when I meet these dreaded situations.
After having gone through so much trials for the past 4 years, I guess it's probably high time I digest the phrase "Ignorance is bliss".

Indeed, ignorance do provide some kind of peace. Tongues have been wagging and people have been judging. Maybe it's because I predicted this situation to happen. Maybe it's because I know how they are like. Maybe it's because I have tuned myself to be immune to the rumours and nonsensical comments.

I can't control what people have to say. I can't control how they think or feel. But we are happy doing what we are doing. We haven't committed any form of criminal act nor any misbehaviour so great that we deserved to be punished by these nonsensical whine of others.

So, I asked myself, "Why care, Eunice? They can say what they want to. But as long as you know it's real and you believe in what you fight for, then all that they have said means nothing anymore. You can't stop them from talking, but you can choose to not be affected nor listen to what they have to say."

I thought I was wrong yesterday, but turns out that the first 3 seconds do make a lifetime impression.

**************************************************************

On another note, I do not get jealous for no reason at all. Thank you! :)

No comments: